Saturday, May 17, 2008

 

USS HORNE DLG - 30 / CG - 30

This is soooo cool. The United States Navy named a ship after me. The banner is in French and translated to English reads , " STEAMING , ALWAYS STEAMING "

The HORNE was later refitted to the CG class and kept her hull number 30. So , she went from being the DLG - 30 to the CG - 30


Today she sits in retirement in Suisun Bay California .

Have you seen the movie " DOWN PERISCOPE " . The HORNE can be seen in the back ground while the STINGRAY is in dock.

I owe a special Thank You to RUFUS REAVES for helping me with the HORNE plaque.

Here's the latest on my ship. The Navy has moved her from Suisun Bay and she is moored at pier side , in Richmond CA , for visitors. In a few weeks , she will become target fodder and subsequently a reef for marine critters. What a way to die , she beat out the scrappers. Damn , I wanna be there. The HORNE had a very busy career , when the shit hit the fan , the HORNE went in. Now the Navy has one more important mission for her. I'm confident , she will giv'em the finger and die hard.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?