Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Franklin Police has a Stalker

Here is a story from the pages of Franklin Police's history book.
My daughter was working nights at Carmikes. A Franklin Police officer took an interest in her since she was only 16 years old. This officer would follow her home , which was outside the city limits. After she told me what was going on , I would stand in the shadows watching her pull into the drive way with the patrol car on her bumper. The car would then drive away.
One night , the officer pulled her over and with her driver license in his hand , asked her out. When she said no , the officer wrote her a ticket for running a yellow light that did not exist.
I went to Franklin Police Headquarters to talk with the commander , who informed me there was no problem here. I did talk with Tim Taylor , CID , who told me there was no problem here. I was refused access to see the Chief.
Sooo , I went to Jay Johnson , City Administrator , who asked a lot of questions , and I gave a lot of answers. He said he would investigate.
One week later , I met with Jay Johnson again. He said , " I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I found there was inproprietary use of police vehicles , and , there was substance to my complaint. However , due to the fact the police department is going thru CALAE accreditation at this time , if I do something with the officer , CALEA would hear about it and could jeopardize Franklin Police becoming CALEA accredited. Therefore , there was nothing he could do. "
Hhmmmm.......
Note : During the investigation , the officer stopped his activities.

Comments:
How old is this story?
 
Hi
This occurred during CALEA which was several years ago.
I've got a couple more stories about Franklin Police.
And , yes , I contacted CALEA , and of course they were not interested.
 
I di write Blake and have not heard from him
 
If Franklin's Chief Moore shows up like that , you can bet it's to keep someone on the food chain out of trouble. How do you think he made and keeps being Chief ?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?