Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER MRI DEPARTMENT

Needing another MRI , the doctor sent me to VUMC in Nashville. Everything was scheduled and all I had to do for my part was to show up. After waiting 3 hours while the tech took a break , it was my turn. Looking into the barrel , I asked if I would fit. The tech assured me this was not a problem.
Lying down , the tech rammed me home. The bed stopped at my waist while my hands flailed and I screamed in pain. Yep , I was stuck in a small place and no where to go. My arms were pinned to my abdomen which put pressure on my spine. PLEASE , give me MORE ! ! ! ! , I screamed. After being extracated , my BP was 288/146 , yep , I was feeling fine.
Wating another 2 hours to use the larger MRI , it was finally ( again ) my turn. Two nurses set me up for IV to put me down. Their name badge said they had a Masters Degree. They took turns sticking me 14 times. Yep , that's spelled with a Capital F. They stuck me on the bicep , under the wrist , the other wrist , the main vein , and other veins and no IV. You would think with my low " blood " , pressure , they could hit something. Sooo , finally they gave up trying and called for someone who knew how to do IV's. He got it on the first try , and no , he is not a nurse.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?