Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Interview with Dean Viellette ( PAVE )

Vanderbilt University , School of Engineering - Jerry Horne , since PAVE only runs for six weeks a year during the summer and Dean Viellette gets a paycheck for fiftyfive weeks a year , the Dean was able to make time for a quickie interview.
BVD : Thank you for seeing me. May I call you John ?
JOHN : Sure , everyone else does , or I'm called Doc V , of course other people call me other names and sometimes other things , Ha Ha Ha
BVD : You sure have come a long way with PAVE. What's your secret to success
John : Well , you have to have two faces and be a damned good liar. I only make friends with those who I can use or abuse to help me reach an objective. When it's reached , fuck 'em. I don't share the spotlight with others , regardless of how much work they put in to help me to get here.
BVD : Some people have mentioned this is really just a place for some young and tender pussy during the summer. Any truth to that ?
John : Is this Vanderbilt ?
BVD : I'll bet Professor Bowers enjoys this time of the year
John : Oh please , don't mention that name , Oh God , I can't deal with him right now
BVD : OK. Why do you get more pay than others around here ?
John : In accordance with Joe B's monetary philosophy , I'm worth it.
BVD : I'm told PAVE can be pretty difficult to get into because of it's popularity , any way I could get my niece in ?
John : Sure , there are several ways , my back pocket is just one of them. Is she a virgin ? Ha Ha Ha , I'm not kidding , Ha Ha Ha
BVD : So , you do make exceptions ?
John : Look , there are 80 openings. That's it. Not one more after that. Alumni hound me because they feel Vanderbilt owes someone in their family a Vanderbilt education , faculty hound me because they need a baby sitter for the summer , I get eleven thousand applicants every year that are'nt worth a damn. Now , what's your point ?
BVD : I think you just made it. Moving on , is it true you saved the engineering school from financial disaster ?
John : Yes , actually it is. One year , Vanderbilt jerked up enrollment money and the student body was literally cut in half because those folks did'nt have the funds. PAVE can get you into this engineering school and sometimes I can even help with some scholarship money. Ya see , PAVE helps to suck in the buisness , like a vacuum cleaner , PAVE makes the rounds sniffing for dollars.
BVD : And it works.
John : It WORKS ! ! ! Ha Ha Ha

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?