Thursday, August 09, 2007

 

It's Finished


OK , here it is. I was asked to finish this Academy 1/72 scale , P-47D Thunderbolt " Bubble Top " plastic model. The decals won't stick , so I did'nt fool with 'em. I did give some age and use to it's looks plus a shot of dull coat. The canopy paint is a hand job. This model does come with under wing rocket launchers , butt , I did'nt use them since they are wayyyy off scale. If the decals would work , this would make a decent representation of this mighty warbird. There are some Academy models I would like to build , butt with the decal problems , I'll stick with Tamiya.
A lot of folks complain about Tamiya's prices , butt they won't shop around. There can be bargains found on Ebay and don't forget Hobby Lobby 's 40% off coupons.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?