Sunday, August 05, 2007

 

The Latest Academy Award


I was asked what my latest modeling effort was. OK , here it is. The Academy P-47D Thunderbolt in 1/72 scale.
It's molded in gray with good detailing for being 1/72 scale.
The downside - the decals won't stick , the molds for this kit were not polished , which shows on the aluminum paint job. The propeller shaft is toooo short. Ya had to be quick to catch that one. This is ass far ass I've gone with this kit. I'm disappointed with the problems and I'm not sure if I'll finish it , or give it to the firecrackers. Here's a tip , all the new Academy 1/72 kits have decal problems. If you are building one of those , try using a paper glue stick. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. So , I have'nt decided what to build next. There's a Hasegawa Mosquito and the Tamiya Douglas F4D-1 Skyray in 1/72 scale.
Oh yeah , I'm slowly building 2 Monogram 1/48 scale , B-25Js at the same time. I'm playing with the idea of building a " H " out of a " J " kit. What'd ya think ? Is it dooable ?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?