Saturday, August 25, 2007

 

Those Black Hawk Models




Academy has 2 Black Hawk helicopter models in 1/35 scale. One is the MH-60G PAVE HAWK and two , is the AH-60L DAP Black Hawk. the interesting fact is found in comparing the parts of both kits. While the MH-60G has 5 sprues , the AH-60L has a whopping 7 sprues. In other words , the AH-60L has the parts to make 1 of 3 variants of the Black Hawk. Yes , I know I'm talking about 2 models , but , I'm telling you , there are parts for 3 different Black Hawk helicopters in the AH-60L box. And no , the box does'nt tell you this. Both models sell for 60 dollars @ Hobby Lobby stores. Don't forget your 40% off coupon.
I have not built either one of these kits , so I do not know if the decals work , or if there are other pissy poorly problems that Academy is so well known for. At 1/35 scale , they should make neat additions to any armor diorama. I'll bet the Tamiya modern infantry in 1/35 would go well with either of these models. Does anyone know who has the " Ragheads " in 1/35 ? The diorama possibilities would be endless.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?