Thursday, November 01, 2007

 

That New 2 Minute Rule


Franklin , Tennessee , BVD News - BVD heard about the new 2 minute technology rule being enforced in Franklin's government and BVD went to Jay Johnson for his 2 minutes worth.
BVD : JJ , er , may I call you JJ ?
JJ : Sure , may I call you BVD ?
BVD : Of course. What's this 2 minute thing ?
JJ : Simple. The people of Franklin expect more and more of their government and it's taking up too much of my government time. So , in bringing new technology into this great city , I brought in this 2 minute timer.
BVD : Uh , sir , these days , government costs more. Don't the people deserve more from their government dollars ?
JJ : Be careful BVD.
BVD : ? Sir ?
JJ : Look , I'm the Administrator of this town. The sooner the people of Franklin realize it , the better , while I'm busy bringing in a new decade of government , to this little hick town , whether they like it or not , 2 minutes of my time is all any one person will get , at any one , 2 minute time , from now on. Got that ? Oh , and by the way , your 2 minutes are up.
BVD : Butt sir , I did not hear the 2 minute buzzer.
JJ : Ya don't have to , I've got a hearing implant that allows me to hear it. ( smiling ) Mr. Moore , come in here and remove BVD , so I can get to the next person.
BVD : I don't think this thing is turned on. Look , the lights don't work.
JJ : They don't have to. JACKIE !?!? Where are you !?!?

Franklin Police Chief " Jackie " Moore enters the room and motions for BVD to get out. In the hall way , BVD notices the chief also has a 2 minute gadget , dangling from his utility belt.
BVD : Um , chief , why do you have one of those ?
Chief Moore : Simple. When JJ has one of his moods , he expects me to get him off. So , if he can't do it in 2 minutes , ( smiling ) 2 bad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?