Sunday, November 11, 2007

 

Veterans Day , My Say

Yep , I'm a Veteran from the good ole Nam days. The Navy , I think it was , I was in. Yep , I still remember being on station during Sundays , battle stations on holidays , targets locked , regardless of what day it is or was.
All the Navy gave me was a continuous reminder of how stupid I was for joining up. They said I would get a high school education , Not ! They said I would have VA benefits , Not ! Promises , promises , promises. That's ALL I got.
When the war was grinding down , the Navy complained of being short of money. Soon after , 208,000 people were told , there was'nt any money to promote them. In The Pentagon , 23 admirals were promoted.
I was promised the best in health care. Later , we learned , most of the Navy's doctors , were'nt really doctors after all. They were just friends of someone in the Pentagon and they needed a job.
I saw several highly intelligent people take on the Navy with lawsuits , for breach of contracts. Yep , they won. And with that , 83,000 more people were informed , there was no money to promote them. The Pentagon promoted 28 admirals.
When I came home from over there , I did'nt get a band or a parade. I did have one of the few Honorable Discharges , The Navy was giving out. Ya see , at the time , the VA was so over run with wounded , orders had been given to shit on ass many people ass possible , to avoid handing out those honorable papers , so ass to hopefully cut down on the number of veterans using the VA. Politicians have no problem butchering Americans. And they have no problem ignoring butchered Americans either.
So , what do I have to be thankful for on Veterans Day ? Let's me see here - I'm not physically wounded , I have my face , arms , legs and a brain intact. I can vote , even though Bush showed my vote does'nt matter. I can't think of nuthing else.
To our veterans fighting Bush's War , watch your 6.
While those reading this may think I'm being negative , they were'nt there. I wuz. Oh yeah , by the way , remember , right here in popular Franklin , Graceworks does not help veterans. Mrs. King says , " Help one veteran and there will be more in here worse than flies on a cow pie. "
In the mean time , states like Iowa , have passed laws , making things difficult for employers to hire veterans.
In Tennessee , it is very hard for veterans to qualify for food stamps , so ass to have money available for immigrants.
Being out of the service , I can blog anything I want , while today's service personnel , do not have freedom of blog.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?