Saturday, December 08, 2007

 

What Life is All About

On the first day , God created the dog and said , " Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks by. For this , I will give you a life span of 20 years. "
The dog said , " That's a long time to be barking , how 'bout only 10 years and I'll give you back the other 10 ? " God agreed to this.

On the second day , God created the monkey and said , " Entertain people , do tricks to make them laugh and I'll give you a 20 year life span. " Monkey looked up to God and said , Acting like a monkey for 20 years is a long time. Let me give you back 10 years like that dog did ? God agreed to this.

On the third day , God created the cow , saying , " You must be in the field with the farmer all day , suffer under the sun , have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. You will live for 60 years. " The cow mooed up at God , saying , " You're giving me a tough life and 60 years at that. What do you say , to letting me live for 20 years and I'll give you back the 40 ? "
Hm... and God agreed to this.

On the fourth day , God created man saying , " Eat , sleep , marry and enjoy life and I'll give you 20 years. " The man looked up to God and said , " Just 20 years ? Could you possibly give me the 40 years the cow returned to you and the 10 from the monkey and adding the 10 from that dog , that would give me 80. Would this be OK ? " God smiled upon the man saying , " Alright , you asked for it. "

So now you know why , the first 20 years of life , we spend it eating , sleeping , playing and enjoying ourselves. Followed by 40 years of slaving , supporting the family , followed by 10 years of doing monkey tricks , entertaining the grand children and we spend the last 10 years , sitting on the porch , barking at everyone.

Now that I've explained " Life " to you , consider it my Christmas gift to you and all who visit here. Please excuse me , while I go and entertain.

Merry Christmas

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?