Wednesday, January 30, 2008

 

The God Is Gone

Franklin , Tennessee - BVD and Jerry were enjoying some cold ones , while talking about Jay Johnson getting Fired.

BVD : Oh man , where do you get this stuff ?
Jerry : Oh , you know me , I'll never tell. Ya know , Franklin's problems are'nt over , on the subject of Jay Johnson being gone.
BVD : Hmmmm , what do you mean ?
Jerry : Look around this city , look at the employees , look at the management. What do you see ?
BVD : Paranoia
Jerry : That's right , and why do you think that is ?
BVD : I assume you're gonna tell me.
Jerry : Well , , , , do ya want me to ?
BVD : Oh please , please , please tell me.
Jerry : Oh alright , JJ has a net work of cronies that have told him every little tit for tat. Talk to anyone and they'll tell you , the walls have ears , JJ knows everything. How do you think that came about ? A crony network. That's how. Now , look at JJ. He's gonna walk out the door with a cool million dollar severance package. Now , take a look at his cronies. They get nuthin , I mean , they gonna get nuthin. Now , how would you feel , seeing JJ walking out with a cool million while you , the crony , getz nuthin , after being a loyal stooge to this guy for , how many years ? Yeah , Franklin's problems with JJ are'nt over yet.
BVD : Well , JJ is a fair guy , I mean , He's gonna share that million , aint he ? You know , share the wealth , so to speak.
Jerry : Hmmm ? ! ? , are you putting something extra in your can that you're not sharing with me ?
BVD : ( winks at Jerry ) I'll never tell. heh heh heh
Jerry : Yeah , I know , and you were'nt gonna share either , were ya ?
BVD : So , you know so much , why are things the way they are in Franklin?
Jerry : You sure know how to ask the hard questions don't ya ?
BVD : ( giggles , and chugs some more )
Jerry : It's like this. Jay Johnson figured out , how to sponge money without anyone seeing him do it. Look around this town. Have you wondered how some building projects got thru the system while other projects did'nt ? Have you wondered what the real deal was over the electric company ? If JJ had got his hands on the power company , he would have all those electrical service lines buried. Do you have any idea how much money would pass thru the city's system to accomplish that ? JJ knows how to sponge off some of that excess and funnel it into his pocket.
BVD : Wow oh wow.
Jerry : Yeah , like wow oh wow. Ya know , there's no way to count all the money JJ has put in his pocket. If it were me , I would'nt give him anything for severance.
BVD : How would you do that legally ?
Jerry : He quit did'nt he ? He submitted his leaving in writing did'nt he ? AND , he did get away with giving the Waste Manager nothin when he leaft did'nt he ? Yep , there's a legal angle in there and JJ knows what it is. Besides , what's good for others should be just ass good for JJ , himself. Give him nuthin and if he don't like it , let 'em eat cake.
BVD : OK , mister know it all , what about the police department ?
Jerry : What about it ? I'm sure jackie will figure something out.
BVD : No , no , no. I'm asking , what would be the first thing you would do with Franklin Police ?
Jerry : That's a very simple question to answer. I would go in , unannounced , during shift change and I would have everyone present , submit a drug screen.
BVD : Oh mannnnnnnnn. I know you , you can see a person on drugs without that screen.
Jerry : Yup , That screen would clean house in just one day.
BVD : Hah ha ha , ohhh bummer , my drink 'z gon dry , ya got another ?
Jerry : ( winks and smiles while he tosses another can ) Incoming !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?