Friday, February 01, 2008

 

MiniCraft Models



Don't cha jest luv 't , when udor folks nowe more on a subjek dan 'u ? I nowe I do , cuz tat means I kan lurn sumthin neu. I placed a post here about MINICRAFT Model kits and I wuz surprized to see how mini folks knew more about MINICRAFT models than me. heh heh heh
In the pictures , one can see where I got my info , concerning MINICRAFT kits. I'll let you count them. The people who disagree with me , do not have a fourth of what is seen here.
My samples range thru the B-17 Bit-O-Lace , there are 4 different C-47 's , the Blackcat , there are 3 777-200 models in different liveries , 2 different Heavy Hog , the GOLD COBRA , the 1955 MERCEDES 300SL , and the 1/48 scale BLACKHAWK with U.S. CUSTOMS decals. ( this one is pure junk )
This blogg is all about truth and honesty , aside from sarcasm. So , when I say MINICRAFT is junk , I do have the proof , here in front of me. These models are for sale.
About the MINICRAFT/ACADEMY models. It usually works like this. The name on top is the packaging company , the bottom name in the maker. So , MINICRAFT has boxed an ACADEMY model. It's like the TESTORS/ITALERI models. TESTORS has boxed an ITALERI model.
And , there are also ACADEMY/MINICRAFT models. I have one here , it's the 1/72 PBY-5
made by ACADEMY and boxed by MINICRAFT. There are also the HobbyCraft/Hasegawa models. HobbyCraft is usually good , I recommend the Sharkmouth P-51. It's just a cool model , if you like war birds and/or the P-51 aircraft. Movin on
Both ACADEMY and ITALERI are good kits. You'll pay more !
Rumor has it , MINICRAFT is re-tooling their kits. I have not opened one of them , although I am aware of their hefty price tag. So , too repeat myself , I don't know if the new stuff is worth the price increase.
Mean while , Hobby Lobby has been selling MINICRAFT @ 2/3 rds off the price over the past weeks.
For the benefit of those just dying to know , there are 46 MINICRAFT kits present , for me to look over.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?