Friday, March 21, 2008

 

Let's Sell on Ebay


OK. Simmer down people. Someone said I was angry at Ebay. Nope , not at all. I'm simply confused ass to why people would sell their stuff on Ebay and then wonder why they have nothing to show for it. Soooooooooo , what do you say , I will sell something on Ebay to make some money and we will all see , if I really know , what in Hell , I've been talkin 'bout.

Let's see here , first , we have to list our item. Here are the factual fees:
Becoming an Ebay seller - fee free
Purchase an item to sell on Ebay - 12.95$
Subtitle - .50$
1st. title free
3 pictures - .45$
1st. picture free
ad design - .10$
essentials - .95$
counter plus - .10$
Gallery Plus - .35$
Gift Icon - .25$
Bold - 1.00$
Border - 3.00$
Highlight - 5.00$
Featured Plus - 9.95$
Insertion fee - .30$
Final Value Fee - .53$
PayPal fee - .53$

Grand Total is - 35.96$

Yes , this is the homage , I paid to Ebay , for the privilege of selling this .99$ dollar item , on their internet auction site. It's like this - if I had not sold an item on Ebay , I would not be able to honestly bring this information to my readers.
Hmmmm. I'm surprised Ms. Cheap has'nt mentioned this before now. Butt then , she gets paid to write and therefore , she has rules to abide by. Me ? I'm not paid. This blog is commercial free. And , I have only my credibility to rule over my writing.

Yes , this item really did sell for 99 cents or .99$ . I'll let you add up the profit$ earned for selling this vintage ERTL model in 1/48 scale , to see if I made any mistakes. And , remember , when the customer pays you , with Ebay's owned and operated , PayPal plastic , " YOU " , the seller , pay the transaction fees , associated with using electronic plastic money.
Keep in mind , only those Ebay sellers , having a business license , can deduct these fee$ from their taxes. While , unfortunately , the folks operating a yard/garage sale and/or , the other little people , operating a small time business , cannot.

OK , I do think I've answered everyone's questions. Again , for those who got lost in translation , just add up the costs , for selling this item , for just 99 cent$.

Ya know what ? With a little money and some people who know the internet business , I could give the people of the world , the same medium , Ebay give$ , and do it cheaper. AND still make a profit !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?