Saturday, March 29, 2008

 

PayPal is All American


Okay , Okay , OK , people. I'll put the word out. For those who have'nt heard , PayPal is having more hacker problems than ever before. For those who already know , I did the great experiment of selling on Ebay , these last 3 months and it's a shitty world. Yes , PayPal has joined the American Billion Dollar Corporate Club Award. This means , PayPal is not interested in helping their clients , they just want the money and more of it.
Yes people , my PayPal account got screwed and even though my email is correct , the payments are going somewhere else. PayPal only gives me emails and no help. That's right , TOUGH LUCK !
This year and with Ebay having a new corporate style CEO , there have been changes afoot. Sellers now pay a fee for selling an item for less than 25 dollar$. All new sellers must have PayPal , no exceptions. It is true , that while Ebay bitched about losing money , they spent 2 billion dollar$ to buy PayPal. I guess that will help make up for their loses. And yes , PayPal continues to be the favorite place to hack accounts. I heard somewhere , PayPal has the highest percentage of problems.
I did try to contact PayPal for help and all I got was automated emails in return. Nope , not much help there.
Today , America's corporate world cares more about the money , than taking care of the customer. PayPal has proved this fact to me. When I set up selling on Ebay , I did not want PayPal , butt , Ebay will not allow newbies to sell without it. Imagine that. Do you think it's because PayPal costs the seller to use ? Hm. Using PayPal is free to the buyer. The seller gets hit with a percentage of the price of the item.
By looking over the stuff I sold , the items brought about 19% of their value. I was not selling " vintage " stuff. Between Ebay and PayPal , I was paying about 12% of the item's sold price. So , by doing the math , I lost about 85% of the value of the item sold. So there you have it. Ebay is the place to go for bargains. Ass more American's feel the crunch of President Bush's 12 TRILLION dollar debt , I'm sure there will be more bargains to be had. Enjoy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?