Tuesday, April 01, 2008

 

Our Forgetfullness

Franklin , Tennessee - it just amazes me , how many educated people there are around me , who have more education than me , are smarter than me and know more than me. It's amazing , they take the time to write me , letting me know how much I do not know about things and even taxes.
Well smarty pants , yes , all of you. Explain to me , why our founding fathers went to all that trouble , of getting all dressed up , to attend the Boston Tea Party. And explain to me why , today , we have a tax on tea. Well Hell , we even have a tax on coffee , we have a tax on soft drinks , we even have a tax on our drinking water. Then , after paying our water taxes , we have a sales tax on our water fee usage. Hm. Just how much tax does our government need ?

One more time. We pay our government taxes , to build us a water system. Then we pay another , separate tax , called a water bill. This bill charges us for water and includes a sales tax. Yep , we pay 3 separate taxes , just to get a drink of water.

Now do you understand , why America's oil companies act the way they do ? Now , do you understand why , diesel fuel costs 4 dollars ? Now , do you understand ? Do you ?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?