Sunday, July 20, 2008

 

Another Ebayer Scammer


Meet my new Ebay friend and seller , mrgreenjeanscloset. He's put a twist on scamming the buyer. He says his item is metal , butt , it's actually old and decomposing plastic. The picture shows what greeted me upon opening the box.

How this came undone with nails in it's hide , I don't know , butt , when I mentioned this , they said they were not responsible for damage if there was no insurance. A-HA ! Check out their emails to me and you can see thru their game.

Jerry,
My wife informs me that she sent you an answer that I would pay for your return postage. That is correct. What puzzles me is why you would want to return the plaque. I made an honest mistake, believing because of the weight that the plaque was metal. Clearly you wanted a plaque from the USS JACK. The fact that it may be made of some material other than metal, in my mind, would not be cause for rejection. I simply do not understand. You'll get your money back; you'll lose the USS JACK plaque you wanted.
Anyway, if you feel you must return it, I'll issue a refund. Please keep in mind that the plaque must be received by me in the same condition as it was when I sent it to you. Please note also that I will not pay for any postage in excess of the $8.62 shown on the original postage meter.
Chris

His honest mistake was the plaque was heavy like the others he sold , so it was not necessary to check and hope the buyer was a dumb ass

Jerry,
This is a whole new development. By saying "I got the plaque seperate from the wood," do you mean it became seperated in the mail or you physically seperated the two pieces after you received it? Obviously the plaque is no longer in its original condition. I applaud your honesty in pointing this out to me. Since you declined to purchase insurance on the item, the Postal Service cannot be held responsible for the damage. I cannot refund any of the postage because, metal or rubber, one piece or two, the weight and consequently the cost of shipping remains the same. (Had you won the plaque at its original minimum bid price you'd still have had to pay the same shipping cost.)
I am inclined to issue you a 50% refund on the original bid price of the item in order to mitigate this problem and close the books. If this is acceptable to you, I shall send a refund check in the amount of $13.31 on Monday.
Chris

My readers will remember , in a past post , the scams would increase and here is another. I'm accepting his offer and will keep the plaque for my Ebay scammer exhibit.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?