Friday, July 11, 2008

 

Getting Educated on Ebay

Here's the latest money making racket , I just learned from Ebay. Yes , I checked it out and YES , it works. You won't learn this from Ms. Cheapie

One day I got a bounced check notice from my bank.
A $500 check deposited to my account bounced.
I had a 4 plex and thought it was someone's rent check.
I look at the check and it's from some woman in Downey california.
I don't know anyone in Downey California.
I go down to my bank to find out what's happening.
They tell me it was a deposit I made at the window and I also took $100 back as cash on the $500 deposit.
Now I'm really confused.
After a lot of investigating I figured it out.
I had taken a $15.00 check from a man at a show I was doing for a sterling silver charm. I deposited the check into my business checking account - rubber stamped it - now the rubber stamp says for deposit only with my account number. The guy gets his canceled check back and it has my account number on it. He's stolen someone's checks in California - writes out a check to me and goes to my bank to deposit it - he's really smart because he knows that they do not ask for ID on a deposit and will give up to $100 back on the deposit no questions asked. So I zerox all checks and have his original check copy and can ID the guy right? The bank tells me they don't care about $100 - their only interested in catching the big guys!

I did this once , just to see if it works and yep , it does. Neat trick , eh ? Oh , the things ya learn sometimes , even on duh 'bay.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?