Friday, January 23, 2009

 

Building Revell's Small Block Chevy Engines



I've had people ask me , " What's on the work table ? "

Well , how 'bout a pair of small block Chevy engines , made by Revell , China ? Both are 1/6 scale and interesting to build. Being from China , they do have problems. However , with some grit on my teeth , I got past them all.

Both models are representation , small block Chevy engines. The orange block is the 350 Turbo Fire and the red engine is the Street Rod version , hence the need for lotz and lotz of show chrome.

The Street Rod needs tender loving care during assembly , otherwise , you will cover up the chrome in finger prints and " yesssss " , Revell comes true to it's problem causing maniacal debauchery , with the plug wires not being correct and the headers won't seat. Just be yourself , you'll figure something out. After all , I did it and so can you.

For some reason , when an engine gets an orange paint job , it just has to be for the Z-28. This model does not show it. Meanwhile , I laughed to the point of no return , upon realizing the amount of detail , Revell omitted from this model. Why ? I dunno. Look carefully and you can easily spot 2 of the many extra details , I added on. ( if the picture is too small , click on it )

Both Revell engine models , make pleasing desk fixtures , for the beholder's eyes to feast on. They just have a knack for bringing back memories of those early days , when all you had in your pocket on a Friday night , was 50 cents and a drivers learner permit.

Yep , I've built several of these models for my friends

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?