Saturday, April 11, 2009

 

Hey DUDE ! , You Got A HEMI ?



People are wondering what's the next project on the boards and I don't even know myself. Meanwhile , I have been unable to find a Revell review or write up , on their 1/6 PLYMOUTH HEMI Engine. So , here it is , for all you Muscle Rat lovers and poets.

To put this together , you'll want super glue and a small cross point screwdriver. The instructions are straight forward with some hard to understand pictures. The parts are deliberately not labeled or numbered , to increase the fun of assembly.

For some reason , this kit has 2 left side headers. There appears to be enough difference to prevent assembly , so I contacted Revell @ 1-800-833-3570 and got a recording. The information was wrong , which explains why my mailed request was returned , stating incomplete information to deliver. Sooooo , I called again and talked to Ron. He gave me the run around and soooo , I called again and talked with Angie. I gave her the story of my life about this model and she personally sent me the part I needed to complete this project.

After waiting 3 weeks to get the part , it only took 1 hour to put this Bad Boy together. Keep in mind , when you snap the air cleaner into place , it snaps on for keeps. The detail is'nt too bad , butt with all of the black , you can't see most of it anyway.

Just the same , this is still a neat conversation piece on your business desk to show off. Yep , from now on , all of your friends will want a HEMI in their desk too.

Enjoy ! ! !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?