Tuesday, June 09, 2009

 

From the Franklin Police History Book

Franklin , Tennessee - once upon a time , ( you know a story is true , when it starts with once upon a time ) Royal Oak Apartments was the best place to live in Franklin. Good neighbors , good maintenance , good price and good location. I know , because I once lived there.

After living there a while , the Shit started. Cars were being vandalized , windows were being smashed , stuff was being stolen. Where were the police ? Meanwhile , cars were being stolen. Two boys rape a girl and a 14 year old tries to rape my 8 year old daughter. That same 14 year old had earlier tossed a 5 year old boy , breaking his collar bone , while in the process of stealing his Game Boy. Where was Franklin Police ? Hmmmm. . . . meanwhile , people are talking about strange things happening at one apartment.

Well , would'nt you know it , one fine day while I was at work , someone had been in my apartment. Everything had been tampered with , AND , items are missing. Butt , WAIT , other people are saying the same thing has happened in their apartment too.

Now look , most everyone knew about the drug trade going thru there , Hell , even alcohol was being made ( some of it was pretty good stuff ) and no one complained about it. You know , live and let live , no one bothered anyone. That's the way things were , when I first moved in there. Soooo , what's going on ?

Meanwhile , a single black woman , living alone , ( she had no family ) , had become friends with my daughter. They would talk over ideas about her jewelry craft and this woman even bought some of my daughter's creations. One day , my daughter went to visit her , when she suddenly came back saying something was wrong. So , I accompanied my daughter , back to the woman's apartment , to see what was going on. She was not answering her door. I picked up my daughter so her face could easily be seen through the door peep viewer. Upon recognizing us , the black woman then opened her door. Her eyes were BIG ass silver dollars as her body shook uncontrollably. She told us someone had been in her apartment and stole her family heirlooms. Nervously she continued , stating she had observed a man , going into people's apartments , while they were away. She pointed at the mysterious apartment , the man came from , ( the same one everyone had been talking about ) , she said , " Franklin Police are staying in there. " That's right people , Franklin Police was conducting a surveillance here and I have no reason to think this woman was a liar.

That was the last time I saw her. She had moved out by the weekend.

Think about it - while honest people are at work , earning an honest living , Franklin Police are in their homes , stealing their stuff

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?