Tuesday, June 16, 2009

 

Military Life Goes To Court

England and The Common Wealth - some enlisted men are suing their military establishments for freezing them live , while on duty. I actually found this to be somewhat awkward , having served myself in Uncle Sam 's Canoe Club.

During those pleasure cruises , I learned from my basic 5,003 page military contract , that it basically says , I don't qualify for squat and I'll have to work hard , just to get that. For example - my government does not have to give me proper food from a health inspected kitchen. Would you believe , that being in this country's military fighting machine these days , does not even qualify you for basic , sub standard living quarters on board a nuclear powered submarine ? Yes , I have lived in the " Roach Motel " , right alongside my fellow shipmates. In fact , " THE " contract states , that I will happily accept , sub-standard basic housing , without question and or even heat , in the winter time. ( after all , you'll be getting all the heat you need during the summer ( I promise you ) and it's up to you , to find a way to save it , until you need it )

For those people thinking it's a joke , ( and it is'nt ) yes , an officer really can march the whole lot of you off a cliff while standing aside to watch you all fall , butt , he can not strike or hit you.
Jerry : Really ?
Shriek : Really really !
BVD : Yes , really. That one's a no-bullshitter , really. Just ask Shriek. He's been over the side more than once :) Really

Meanwhile , in the UK , soldiers are busy suing their government , for receiving sub standard clothing , training and injuries , while serving their country , in a cold weather environment. BBC



Jerry : Hey , like uh , Yo , BVD ! What's a sub standard injury ?
BVD : That's an incurred injury , meaning , you will not bleed to death or permanently lose a finger because of training. However , this does not include injuries sustained in combat.
Jerry : Oh , O Kaaaay , I had always wondered about that one.

Comments:
You have shared a crucial thing happening in military life. Let’s make some serious efforts to make things balanced.

MyMilitaryYears - Military communication Service, communication with friends and family, Send and receive messages,soldier support
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?